Terms of Service
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘The Purey Cust Trust’ or ‘The Purey Cust Trust CIO’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is c/o Construction House, James Nicolson Link, York, YO30 4GR, UK. Our charity number 1159079. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Copyright for all documents available to download on this website remain with document Author(s) and/or Publisher(s).
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Grant Refusal Policy
In any one year the Trust receives more applications for funding than it can afford to support. The Trustees go to considerable lengths to ensure that every appeal for funding that is within our stated charitable objectives receives a full and fair hearing.
We inform every applicant of the outcome of their application in writing by post or email as soon as possible but are unable to give feedback on individual applications. This is because of the number of applications we receive and the desire to minimise the costs of administering our grants programme in order to maximise our grants budget.
Whilst Trustees’ decisions are final, the Trust Secretary is available to discuss potential applications with organisations and individuals prior to submission, to consider how projects might fit with our funding priorities and criteria. Applicants can then decide about whether to submit an application.
Complaints Handling Policy
Anyone who has a concern or complaint about any aspect of our service is encouraged to raise this in the first instance informally with the Trust Secretary.
If that is not possible, or the matter is not resolved informally, the complaint should be set out in writing and addressed to the Chairman of Trustees and marked Private and Confidential.
The Chair will investigate the complaint, and will aim to produce a decision, which is final, within 28 working days of receiving the letter. He/she will notify the person or organisation who complained and the reason for the decision.
All written complaints received, together with a copy of the response to the person or organisation who complained, will be notified to the Board of Trustees.
Complaints, both formal and informal, will be monitored, and information from this will be fed in to the planning process as appropriate.